Message Center (Voicemail) to Email is a powerful option for message delivery and can be managed through PhoneOpts. By converting voicemail to an audio file and forwarding it by email you can:
Voicemail messages can be:
When you leave messages in the Message Center you are limited to 100 messages before your mailbox is considered full. By forwarding and removing from Message Center you can store as many voicemails as you want for as long as you like.
The following options are available for voicemail forwarding:
* Premium features including Delivery to SMS Number, Text Transcription, Follow-Me, and Callback may not be available or included on all plans.
Seen here is a sample of an email notification. An explanation follows below:
We will detail each of the numbered points here. Similar / duplicate information has been identified in a red or blue box to help highlight some information which our clients preferred to be repeated for readability:
1) Caller Name and number are shown in the subject line of the email, and repeated at the top of the message as well as in the "Message Details".
2) When enabled, the email may contain an attachment, or a link (see 7 below) or both. The message can not be removed from the phone mailbox, unless either an attachment or link is enabled.
3) The date and time the message was received are displayed at the top of the message and also below in the "Message Details". This is provided to eliminate any confusion due to any delays in receiving or reading email messages.
4) When enabled, Message Transcription may appear. The transcription can be useful to avoid the need to listen to the message however the attachment or link remain as a backup in case anything remains unclear.
5) At the top of the message details are the For and Mailbox fields. The For is the name of the mailbox - this could be a staff member or a role account such as "sales" or "support". This information is provided to clarify the mailbox the message was left for as some clients may chose to have multiple mailboxes notify the same person or people.
6) The message length in minutes and seconds gives you an indication of the size of the message without the need to play it. This can be useful in case the message transcription is truncated.
7) When enabled, a link to play back the message can be provided as an alternative to attaching an audio file.
8) When enabled, a link to call back the person who left the message is provided.
Please check out PhoneOpts to manage your settings - all you need if your Extension and Voicemail PIN. If you have any questions please contact support using the form below.
What is the difference between Call Forwarding, Find Me, and Follow Me?